Availability: In stock
The Mini-Roller™ applies the correct amount of fluid for your small press window and high-speed, short feed length applications when combined with a SPR-2000™ or SPR-2000-JR™. This 1 to 4 in. wide (25 mm to 102 mm) unit consistently applies the correct amount of fluid and lets you start saving now.
Advantages of the Mini-Roller
- Uni-Roller® precision for narrow coil
- Internally-supplied rollers
- Consistent fluid application
- Neat application - No fluid mess!
- Horizontal or vertical
- Reduces fluid usage - Saves money!
Applications of the Mini-Roller
- Small press windows
- High-speed, short-feed lengths
- Thin stock
- Roll forming
- Four slide
- Many other metal forming applications
Mini-Roller™ reduces fluid usage and saves money
On average, a Unist system can reduce stamping fluid consumption by 50% with some customers reporting reductions as high as 90%!
Delivers return on investment in less than 6 months
That's what many of our customers report. By applying the proper amount of fluid, the Uni-Roller® lubricator uses 50 to 90% less lubricant. Plus it decreases the mess, the parts cleaning, fluid recycling and costs associated with in-die spray systems, rag technology and externally lubricated rollers.
Horizontal model uses a fluid controller to inject lubricant into a dispenser tube inside the roller. Small holes in the tube evenly distribute the lubricant along the length of the roller.
Vertical model uses a baffle positioned inside each of the rollers near the top. Every time the fluid controller injects lubricant into the dispenser tube, the fluid spreads across the baffle and is redirected to the outside of the roller. Gravity pulls fluid down the length of the cover.
Reduction of lubricant consumption
Thanks to very precise micropumps, the lubricant dosage is perfectly controlled. The system uses only a tiny amount of milliliters a day rather than liters of fluids.
Clean machinery and factory
Increase the air quality of the work environment by eliminating odor problems caused by bacterias in soluble oils. Reduce your workload and stop removing abrasives on the grounds. Thanks to the minimum quantity lubrication technique, there is less wear and the condition of the surfaces are improved.
A better working environment
With Unist, you will have clean, non-slippery floors, which will reduce the risk of falls and injuries
You will contribute to a significant reduction of polluting discharges into the environment;
Increased tool life
Increase the life of your tools from 20% to 100%; you will reduce or even eliminate the thermal shocks that they undergo;
Dry chips and less greasy parts
You will have dry and easy to dispose of chips;
- Conventional machining
- Lubrication machining
- Spindle center
- Cutting, sawing
- Demoulding, stamping, profiling, milling, etc.
The Internally-fed difference
All Uni-Roller systems feature a unique, internally-fed roller design. This is the key to uniform and efficient fluid application. As illustrated, inside each of the rollers there is a dispenser tube with several small holes spaced along its length. Every time the fluid is injected into the dispenser tubes from the fluid controller, it is dispensed evenly across the inside of the roller through these holes.
The lubricant is then transferred to the stock through a durable polyester felt or polyurethane foam roller cover. These cover materials apply the lubricant smoothly and evenly across both the top and bottom of the stock. As the system continues to cycle, additional lubricant is injected into the rollers to replenish the lubricant applied to the stock. The advantage of this system is consistent application of the exact amount of lubricant required for any particular operation.
- Stock type: narrow coil stock
- Stock thickness: .002" - 0.060" (.05mm – 1.52mm)
- Stock width: 0.5" - 6" (12.7mm – 152.4mm)
- Fluid type(s): For use with a broad range of water soluble and neat lubricants. Viscosity from 30 – 1000 SUS. Thicker lubricants can be tested by Unist for compatibility.
- Fluid supply: pressurized 3 gal (11.4L), 6 gal (22.7L), 15 gal (56.8L), 30 gal (113.6L) tank. Also 20 gal (75.7L) poly tank with diaphragm pump. Also can be integrated into customer’s bulk fluid system
- Applicator material: polyester felt or polyurethane foam
- Controller: SPR-2000™ or SPR-2000 JR™
- Power: NA (see SPR-2000™ or SPR-2000 JR™ for controller power requirements)
- Mounting: Integral mounting flange with thru-holes for #10 bolts
Available roller covers
Polyester felt (standard)
Extremely durable and compatible with a broad range of fluids
Polyurethane foam cover (optional)
For use with vanishing oils and with thin stock which is narrow compared to overall roller width. Limited fluid compatibility, please contact Unist before selecting this option.